NEWS - PRESS RELEASE
OutIndex Announces eDiscoveryXpress
New product is a rapid processing, user-centric, cost-effective electronic data discovery (EDD) application ideal for in-house data processing
KENNINGTON, LONDON and NEW YORK, NY (11 JUL 2007) – OutIndex (www.OutIndex.com), the leading electronic discovery software company in Europe, announced today the release of eDiscoveryXpress, a new application for litigation support teams at corporations, law firms and service bureaus that provides powerful culling, de-duplication and production of native files and email.
The new product was developed in response to the increasing industry trend for native file culling, review and production. The majority of electronic conversion products in the legal industry include technology to convert native files and email to image files. However, this software approach leads to products that are more expensive for legal teams to purchase and operate due to the extra technology necessary for imaging files. Outindex developed eDiscoveryXpress without file imaging capabilities, instead focusing on functionality optimized for native file processing. eDiscoveryXpress leverages the proven core technology from Outindex's flagship product, Outindex E-Discovery, used by leading international auditing, professional services and litigation support firms.
"Some of our clients were active members of the development team for eDiscoveryXpress, sharing their expert insights from requirements through quality assurance testing," said Nii Larnyoh, Founder of OutIndex. "Their participation was integral to developing a powerful product that is fast, efficient and easy to use."
The key features of eDiscoveryXpress include:
- Native File and Email Support -- eDiscoveryXpress supports hundreds of popular file and email types, including Microsoft Outlook PST and OST files, Lotus Notes NSF files, Microsoft Outlook Express DBX files and POP3 email. Support is also provided for common compressed file types including ZIP, RAR and GZ.
- Foreign Language Support -- eDiscoveryXpress is Unicode compliant, supporting multiple languages including Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean (CJK), German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Data Organization -- Users have the ability to create projects in order to organize data.
- Data Analysis and Reporting -- Legal teams can analyze their data in order to prepare for Meet & Confer meetings and make educated decisions about what data to process. The reports include a summary of the number of items in the data set, list of file types, number and size of each file type and folder locations within PST and NSF files.
- Culling and De-duplication -- Users can cull data using keyword and date range filtering and de-duplicate files and email across or within a data set.
- Native File Tagging -- Outindex eReviewXpress, a stand-alone application, is available along with eDiscoveryXpress, allowing attorneys to tag potentially responsive documents prior to production output.
- Native File and Load File Output -- Users can output: native files; individual email messages in MSG or HTML files; regenerate email messages into PST or NSF files; a corresponding Concordance load file
For additional information about OutIndex, please contact the company in the UK on +44 (0)20 7840 5800, in the US on +00 (1) (212) 227-9559 or info@OutIndex.com.
OutIndex provides innovative software and expert professional services that enable our customers to manage their electronic discovery in the most productive manner possible. The company’s groundbreaking e-discovery and review software is utilized by many of the leading international auditing, professional services and litigation support firms in order to harvest, filter and produce electronically stored information (ESI). For more information, visit http://www.outindex.com.
+00 (1) 212-227-9559